To be fair, unlike you poor ol' souls in Minnesota - we don't have to wear hats or mittens except for fashion purposes, I haven't scraped the windshield of my car in over a year (I really am sorry for those of you that must do this), my face doesn't hurt from the cold when I walk outside, I'm not shivering when I get into my car and then sweating when I finally get inside my destination and, best of all, I don't wear my sunglasses to protect my eyes from the glaring snow but rather to protect them from the sunshine that beams off the ocean- so I guess I really shouldn't complain ;)
Anyways, enough gloating (you all could and SHOULD be out here with us!!)...on with the post...
The Good: After two straight weeks of rain, everyone was so happy to see sunshine on Sunday that the park was packed with families and dogs. I love Sunday mornings out by the ocean.
The Bad: Andrew's skills as an anchor - just kidding :) I made him do it and he was great. You'll notice in the video that it's very green here...it's counter intuitive to us Minnesotans, but because of all the rainfall during the winter months it's usually greener January-April than during the summer months. Makes sense but it never occurred to me before that 'green' and 'winter' go together in some places haha
The Ugly: This our friend on the front stoop who comes out to say 'hello' after every big rainfall. I kinda think he's cute, but pretty much think he's really nasty.
We're hoping the rain stops for the next month or so while our house has a revolving door for some VERY welcomed guests!
1 comment:
As usual I am so jealous of where you live. Looks absolutely amazing. I hope we visit sooner rather than later. Love, love, love your headband. Too cute!
Post a Comment