Sunday, September 26, 2010

Quick Trip to NYC

In late August, I was thrilled to find out that, once again, I would need to make a quick trip out to New York for work. Not only is NYC a great place to visit regardless of what season it is or what brought you there, but it is particularly fun when one of your best friends lives on the Upper East Side!!

The last time I went to New York for work I took the red-eye flight over (its about 5.5 hours from SFO to JFK and about 6 hours back) to "gain" a day -- that way I could see Geoff for a bit longer. However, my body and mind hated me for the next 2 days after such a horrible night of sleep; so, this time I left early on a Tuesday morning (September 7th), worked the whole way there on the plane and made it into Manhattan at the perfect time to grab dinner with an old friend....

Geoff and I had some yummy Italian food, swapped stories and exchanged updates on friends and loved ones. It was so nice to get all caught up!

The next day I dressed up, packed my bags and walked over to my meeting which ended up being a poor decision given how warm it was in the city. I couldn't believe it, actually -- it was much warmer in NYC than here in the Bay Area!!

After 5+ hours of solid meetings and a "working lunch," my boss and I shared a cab to the airport and once again I was boarding the plane for the long haul back to California.

I was able to relax a little more on the flight home, aided in part by this gorgeous sunset.

I'm so lucky to have such a fantastic job that allows me to travel and meet interesting people AND see my friends living on the other side of the country ;)


2 comments:

Katie Lee said...

When will you have a meeting in Baton Rouge? ;)

Linda said...

Hey sweet girl.

It's wonderful that you've been able to see so many of your friends since having moved to CA.

Dad and I saw Suzi last night while walking the dog....she said she has been following your blog and adventures....."Hi Suzi" ;)

Love Mom

Post a Comment