Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chicago cont'd

Saturday morning we all put on our Gopher gear to cheer on our lovable losers at "the Minnesota bar" in Wrigleyville -- an area around Wrigley Field with tons of bars and restaurants. It was so fun to see some Big10 spirit!

Even though Jenna and Nicole didn't/don't go to the U, they were happy to cheer (more often than not we should be crying rather than cheering for the Gophers....geeezzzz.....) along with us.

We couldn't possibly be in Wrigleyville without checking out Wrigley Field - Home of the Chicago Cubs. The whole area has such a great vibe. The stadium is essentially located in a residential area, with homes and little restaurants/bars surrounding it. It's no wonder everyone loves it so much and the Cubs have so many loyal fans.

On Saturday afternoon, Nicole and Jenna walked around the art museum while Courts, Danyelle and I went shopping. We simply couldn't resist shopping on Miracle Mile ;) We each picked up a few goodies.

I was able to grab coffee with Nicole Prince on her way home from school too (the poor girl works 7 days a week) which was fantastic. I really miss her.

Back in Lincoln Park, the 5 of us walked to the grocery store to get something for dinner and breakfast the next morning. After hanging out for a few hours we weren't sure if we were going to be able to rally for a night on the town.......but of course, we eventually found the energy :)

We all got dolled up and put on our high heels!

Cousin love
Sister love
Sunday morning four of us took a stroll down to Lake Michigan - with coffees in hand after a late night out on Saturday ;)

I am totally obsessed with the fall leaves in the Midwest - they are so incredible!


I will truly treasure this special weekend away with my cousins. Chicago is such a beautiful city and my cousins are such beautiful girls.


Thank you to Nicole Prince, Craig and Danyelle for your wonderful hospitality.

Can't wait to see everyone at Christmas!



2 comments:

Nicole said...

No thank you for coming and visiting...it was so great to see you!

Karen Jones said...

Sounds like you had a terrific weekend in Chicago. Ya'll look great. I loved the picture of the maple tree cuz I am missing the midwest fall colors also. Way to go Andrew with the scary spider pumpkin carving! I knew Kristen was talented in the visual arts but you are too - cool! What are your Halloween costumes this year?

Post a Comment