That was my first reaction when I saw the plane Andrew is learning to fly in. He has been talking for years about wanting to get his private pilots licence and late last year he started the process of studying for the written exam and taking lessons. He'd been going down to the Livermore airport for a few months and I decided it would be a good idea to check out what's he's been doing.
Some of these pictures make the plane look larger and nicer than it really is haha I was terrified of the thought of him going up to 3,000 feet in this thing!
I call it the mosquito!

The plane only seats two people - and they have to snuggle to fit in haha
It's even smaller than the Mitsubishi Eclipse inside which Andrew thinks is basically a toy car - oh the cars 15 year old girls pick out......I still love it :) (note his cool Ray Ban aviators mom & dad gave him and the headset Karen & Jim gave him - he's the coolest student pilot around)
He is about 10 hours into his ~50 hours of flying instruction. Pretty soon he'll get to start flying solo. Scary!
In a few weeks he should be able to rent a 4 person plane and take me up there on one of his lessons. I'm not sure I'm ready for that though...
For now I'm having fun just watching him take of and land, over and over and over. He did 15 'touch and goes' the morning I was there.
The next time you all come out to visit maybe we'll be able to give you an ariel tour of the Bay Area!!

1 comment:
This is so exciting! Be Safe. Be Smart. Have Fun!
Post a Comment