The other big event of the weekend (aside from my 25th birthday ;) ) was Katie's bridal shower. Since three of us in the wedding party, including the bride, are not living in MN right now it worked out perfectly to have both the bachelorette party and bridal shower in one swoop.
The lovely bridal party - Ellie, Ashley, Katie, me and Kirsten.
The Hannon's backyard made for a perfect garden shower complete with white umbrellas, chairs and linens and a little bubbly to celebrate.
Around 20 of the women who love Katie the most in the world came to wish her well including aunts, cousins, family friends, college friends and childhood friends. There were smiles all around :)
People were very generous as illustrated by the mound of presents above. I was so excited when Katie absolutely LOVED the "Mrs. Burns" hanger I got her (if you haven't seen these, they are for taking pictures of your wedding dress on during the getting ready portion of your wedding day).
It was absolutely roasting outside (95* plus) but we didn't mind as we watched Katie open gifts and munched on the yummy food.
The most important women in Katie's life - her sister, future mother-in-law & mother.
It was a perfect day and a perfect shower for a very special gal :)




1 comment:
Fun! What a wonderful celebration. I love the garden party idea...and I'd take hot and sunny over cold and rainy every time. :)
Post a Comment