Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tahoe Junkies

It's true - we really are Tahoe junkies. It's just so gorgeous up there. I have a cheesy grin on my face the whole time we're there typically :)

The very next weekend after heading up with the work crew, we went up with some Cal friends. Amy and I didn't ski on Saturday (we painted our nails, went and saw Les Mis and then discussed it over lunch - a perfect afternoon in my book), but I snapped this pic of of the Saturday skiers: Eric, Andrew, Boris and Sharmin.


A couple of Boris' friends also met up with us for the weekend from Sacramento. Note the lack of snow at the base of the mountain on Saturday (I promise I have a reason for pointing this out...)


I snagged these photos from Heavenly from Eric. I have since skied Heavenly for the first time and honestly can't put into words how indescribably amazing the views are. These pictures don't do it justice, AT ALL. And if this isn't enough to get you to come out here during the winter to visit us and hit the slopes, well...you're crazy ;)


That's Andrew (in case you couldn't tell).



We all huddled in the tiny cabin half the crew stayed at for a spaghetti dinner (the group primarily consisted of students - so a cheap as chips dinner is less surprising once you know that haha) and then made out way over the the Mont Bleu. It's scary how in one ski season we've become 'locals' at the Mont Bleu (no that's not a typo, this place is just that awesomely terrible) casino and hotel.  


The snow gods heard us and delivered a bit of fresh powder on Sunday for skiing at Kirkword. I will point out my new skis in the above photo - they're they black and blue K2s on the far left of the ski rack. I've loved every day on them; not too fast, not too slow, just right.....


Group shot!


This was Amy's first time on skis ever. And she totally rocked it! She took a lesson and they said next time she could skip two levels. I knew she'd be a natural.




The views aren't quite as spectacular at Kirkwood, which is a ways away from Lake Tahoe, but the skiing is great since this mountain is at a higher elevation. Higher elevation = more & better snow typically.


I think Andrew loves me a little more every time we ski (I'm not sure if that's sad or sweet haha). And I've come to enjoy it also. I love surprising him when I keep up on a 'black run' or carve into a turn; his eyes light up and he gets a big goofy smile on his face.

Oh ma gosh - I forgot to mention earlier how the very first run of the season Andrew took me down an expert run 'by accident'......yeah right, Andrew......I know it was on purpose haha. It wasn't pretty but I made it!


We're two nerdy Tahoe junkies in a pod. Life is good.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow! Great photos of the slopes and the gang.

I can totally see Andrew's face when you keep up with him or surprise him.

Keep him on his toes!

XOXO Mom

Post a Comment