I never expected, but always hoped, to work with people who I genuinely enjoyed spending time with. I think the fact that a crew of coworkers chose to spend their long weekend together up in Tahoe is saying a lot. We have tons of fun together both in and out of the office. How lucky!
We all drove up to Tahoe over MLK weekend for some ice skating, eating and skiing.
I had to include the above picture of the amazing Miss Kate - which actually isn't accurate... Mrs Kate she's getting married to Lincoln (again! haha) this weekend in New Zealand. We were bummed we couldn't make this celebration after having such a great time in the UK this summer at their first of two ceremonies, but I will definitely share a few photos from this party - you won't believe the awesomely cool dress she's wearing this time :)
When not eating or soaking in the hot tub, we spent most of the weekend relaxing in this oh so homey living room.
Roughing it....
The finest food and wine pairing, Chick-fil-A and a nice bottle of red wine courtesy of Pat (our resident wine connoisseur) hahaha. In all honesty we ate and drank well the entire weekend - massive breakfasts each morning, homemade stew, you get the idea ;)
The boys and Conley snowboarded on Saturday at Northstar Resort. Dori (the cute redhead in the pic below) skated competitively all through high school and college so Kate and I had her give us a lesson and show off some of her moves at the rink in the middle of the resort. She was soooo good!! Everyone was watching her twirl around and gracefully move around the rink, while the rest of us just tried to avoid falling and breaking any bones.
Kate and I didn't fall once and even learned a few moves. Kate was pretty stoked.
Dori was pretty much the only one on the rink with her own figure skates (the rest of us were in rentals). I had no idea how fancy custom skates were - the leather uppers were made to fit Dori's foot and the blades custom made in England at the same place where Olympian's get their blades. So cool :)
We grabbed lunch at a little cafe in the resort and met up with Conley later in the afternoon for a hot cider drink while we waited for the boys to finish.
Sunday was a lounge-about kinda day. The 49ers were playing (the game that sent them to the Super Bowl) and after dinner we all sat around for a game of telephone pictionary. Happy times.
Before hitting the road on Monday we made a quick pitstop at the lake to take in the incredible view and grab a (partial) group shot.
You all probably recognize Conley by now - don't know what I would do without this lady at work!
Half the crew.
We're off to Tahoe again tomorrow! Over 2 feet of fresh powder! Have a great weekend in the meantime.









1 comment:
That picture of Kate looks like an ad, so cute! And I want to hear more about your figure skater friend!! haha Looks like you had a great time :)
Post a Comment