To catch up those non-Edinans out there: Seniors at Edina High School can apply to be released from their senior spring classes 4 weeks early to complete a project of their choice. Andrew and I chose a "service learning project." At the end of the 4 weeks all of the students present their projects to the community to "share what they have learned." ;)
Andrew and I strategically chose to do a project that allowed us to be outside by the pool for 4 weeks. Genius, I know. We decided to design and build bat houses to be placed in parks around Edina in an effort to reduce the mosquito and/or insect count. Andrew also designed a website based on our project to educate the community on how to build their own bat houses and other various bat facts.
Fast-forward to this past week: I was talking to mom and dad while they walked around Lake Cornelia with Mindy. Dad casually mentioned that the frisbee golf course at Lake Cornelia was the best May Term project ever. Of course I was immediately offended and replied, "What are you talking about?! Clearly the bat houses were the best May Term project ever!!!" hahaha To be honest Andrew and I weren't even sure the houses were still hanging, until I got this picture from mom this weekend.....

Ok, maybe I will admit that the frisbee golf course was the greatest May Term project but I'm still pretty proud that our bat houses are up there, looking good!

3 comments:
Sometimes I forget that high school was 5 years ago. "I'm old enough to be going to high school reunions." Ugh, don't say that! Gives me shivers.
let's not forget my may term project.. making a DECA calendar by placing pictures that i took at events into a template.. now thats what i call a real contribution to the city!
You guys should come hang those bat boxes at our house. I think the Edina mosquitos flew to Brainerd and made a home in our woods.
Maybe we should get some pet bats.
Post a Comment