Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

On Saturday I took on my most ambitious recipe to date - a whole herb chicken, whipped yukon gold potatoes and red wine stew. It took me 4 hours to cook but it was delicious. The huge pot of leftover stew was a real bonus too ;)


On Sunday morning the Easter bunny visited Andrew (the Easter bunny knew that I had already eaten enough candy over the last 2 weeks - Starburst jelly beans are too yummy) and we went to an Easter Sunday service at our new church. We're 99% sure that we will officially join First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley in the coming month. The service was great and Andrew even got to joint the choir for a song at the end of the service :)


On Saturday Court's told me about the cupcakes she had made for Easter at Uncle Bob's - they sounded too cute so of course I had to make some to bring to the Calnero's on Sunday for dessert. They turned out really well, I think. The pedals are made out of marshmallows....in case you were wondering....



Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!

2 comments:

Karen Jones said...

The cupcakes are beautiful and the chicken recipe looks like a picture from Gourmet magazine! Yum.
Andrew looks really good and you do too. Missed you at Easter.

Anonymous said...

Yummy!

Post a Comment