Despite knowing quite well that it would be freezing down at the beach, we were lured by the sand and the sun. It was indeed windy and cold, but it was also gorgeous.
The grand finally of the Jones Tour: The Golden Gate Bridge. On the north side of the bridge you get THE best view of the bridge, the city and the ocean. It is truly so spectacular, so awe inspiring, so beautiful that I don't think you'd ever forget it in your whole life after seeing it.
It was the perfect way to end our day in SF, and I think Katie and Adam would agree :)
I think this day and this view will stay with me forever. We've been blessed with an incredible opportunity to live here in the Bay Area and with an even greater opportunity to share it with two of our most treasured friends.
Monday was our last full day together. Andrew had to go into lab for a while, so Adam gladly played video games for a few hours while Katie and I had one of our coffee chats (a weekly occurrence in college; sadly we only get to have a few a year these days).You stick us in a coffee shop with two delicious lattes and you might not see us again for a very, very long time. Our coffee runs dry but the conversation never does ;)
Andrew was able to sneak out early so the four of us walked to Top Dog to get hot dogs for lunch and then took a long walk through North Berkeley. I was excited to show them Indian Rock, one of our favorite destinations when we go for a walk. It's a huge rock in the middle of a neighborhood that you can climb for a great view of Oakland all the way to north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Best of all, it's one of the most impressive places to watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean.
Andrew likes it because he can run around and play on the rocks like a kid haha
I have to say, hanging out in the living room with some of your best friends, eating greasy, yummy Chinese food and laughing to whole time had to be one of my favorite moments.
2 comments:
Great post! Too bad you already made your christmas card, that's a good one of you and Andrew in front of the bridge!
I agree with Courtney about the picture...so cute!! Makes me miss you "guys" even more!
Post a Comment