Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving & The Lee's

Thanksgiving Day started out in typically Hofflander fashion -- with the Thanksgiving Day Parade, of course!

After getting ready, having some pumpkin pie for breakfast (I absolutely LOVE pumpkin pie and it's the one day I'm not ashamed to eat it for breakfast haha) and watching as much of the parade as possible, Andrew and I jumped into the car and headed towards the SF airport to get Katie and Adam Lee!!

Three hours later the four of us arrived at the Calnero's for Thanksgiving dinner in Sacramento. While the drive was admittedly long and slightly painful it was a fantastic opportunity to catch up with two of our best friends :)

Aunt Carol made an incredible feast for everyone. The whole Calnero crew (minus Julie) was there along with one of Uncle Carl's partners from the law firm and his four year old little boy. I still need to get Aunt Carol's pictures but here is a picture of the festive centerpiece Mom sent and tasty turkey. We were all stuffed after dinner and happy to just sit in front of the fire Uncle Carl built in the living room. How relaxing...

On Friday morning we slept in, I had pie again for breakfast and Lauren recounted her Black Friday adventure. We had leftovers for lunch and then hit the road - destination: Napa.

Our first stop was the Silverado Winery. The building and grounds were gorgeous. I loved the pumpkin/palm tree combination. So Californian hehe

Katie and Adam liked it too ;)

One of the best shots of the four of us to date.

In addition to good wine and good company, the views were pretty awesome too. The sun even decided to shine on us.

Katie and Adam are such a great couple -- we had been looking forward to their visit ever since we got back from our trip to see them in Louisiana. Just enjoying the food, the view and the sunshine. What a cutie.

Our last stop before dinner at Bistro Don Giovanni was Mumm's. Andrew and I were really excited to do some champagne tasting - we'd never done it before. Thanks to a few coupons I had brought along we were able to get a tour, free champagne glass and tasting for 1/2 price.

We're dorks, but we have a ton of fun together!

A peak into the cellars where they prepare the champagne prior to corking it.

There were lots of smiles all day long -- love these two!

Reunited ;)

The first two days of the Lee's visit were a smashing success. They were jam packed but sooo memorable.

p.s. Katie and I combined our photos, so it's only right that I giver her credit for a bunch of these; between to two of use we took about 500 pictures! haha

3 comments:

Linda said...

Friends for life! :) What wonderful photos. We're glad you had so much fun.

How was the champaign tasting? Of what you tried...what was the best from California?

Courtney said...

finally! a post! sounds like so much fun.. and that picture of the 4 of your is a real keeper!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you four had so much fun together! When you are special friends like you all are, you can be apart for a long time yet as soon as you're together again you feel right at home! This is something to really treasure!

Post a Comment