Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hello & Goodbye

The past two weeks have been full of 'hellos' and 'goodbyes'...

To say goodbye to two of our favorite coworkers, the whole office threw a surprise party for Andrew and Sherry. It's near impossible for 15 people to keep a surprise party an actual surprise when you see the guests of honor every day, but we did it! They were shocked and we were all very pleased with ourselves :)

The big SURPRISE moment!

Andrew and Sherry are transferring to our Connecticut office. I don't know what I'll do for IT support with Andrew gone or what I'll do for every other kind of support with Sherry gone. She's one of those fantastic gals who can help you with basically anything. I'm really going to miss her...

The party was held over in Marin County and the weather couldn't have been more perfect -- it inspired us to head back over there on Sunday to do some hiking.

We found this great trail where you climb for an hour plus right alongside a waterfall that cascades the whole way down Mt. Tam.

Up and down and all around we hiked for the whole afternoon. I'm cooped up in an office all week while Andrew is cooped up in lab all week -- it felt so good to be outside, ALL day.

On the drive home we stopped at an incredible overlook...

Ahhhhhhh . . . . nothing better than a view of the Pacific Ocean on a sunny day with a warm breeze

After being spoiled by some unseasonably warm weather in the Bay Area, I was shocked by the -25 degree weather in Boston. Early last week I found out I had meetings on Monday in Boston and on Tuesday in NYC. One of our good friends from college, Lisa, and her boyfriend recently moved to Boston after a year long stint in Hong Kong. It was the perfect opportunity to catch up! I bummed on their couch for a couple of nights and got to enjoy some of David's awesome cooking (he's a professional chef - now I know why. He's great!).

After dinner in NYC with Geoff on Monday and meetings on Tuesday, it was back to reality and back to the sunshine. On Thursday we had our final farewell party for Andrew and Sherry.

Sherry and the boys at work.

I am SOOO going to miss this girl.

and so is Conley, my other good girlfriend at work :)


So that's what I've been up to lately. When I was in Boston and NYC Andrew and the boys from the Iglesia lab took their annual trip to Las Vegas. There is no picture evidence of this trip (probably wise on their part ;) ) but I hear they had a blast.

1 comment:

Karen Jones said...

Glad you could get outside! I'd love to go on that hike when we visit. All the Eastern Jones family send their love and missed you at the wedding. I know you were glad to spend a weekend at home. Counting the weeks until you visit Prescott! Love you!

Post a Comment