Friday, January 7, 2011

Home for the Holidays

Alas, the first of many posts celebrating our much needed and extremely enjoyable trip home for Christmas and New Years.

We arrived on the evening of the 23rd and almost immediately jumped in the car to meet some of our best friends whom we simply could not wait to see. Courts, Andrew and I had a few drinks with Paul, Sandor and Taylor at The Local in Downtown Minneapolis before high-tailing it home to avoid the impending snow storm.

Christmas Eve was spent in the traditional fashion -- afternoon church service at Woodlake Lutheran Church, beef bourguignon for dinner at Grandpa and Acey's and lots of hanging out/opening gifts around the Christmas tree in the living room. Since we live in CA, Michelle & Evan live in Seattle and Scott & Bart live in Taipei, Christmas has become the rare occasion when we are all able to be together under one roof....I'm happy to report that our family is happy and healthy and continues to have one of the best senses of humor :)

The 5 of us didn't get home until about midnight on Christmas Eve but the night was not over yet. Mom and Courts presented each of us with a matching pair of PJs to wear the next morning. Not surprisingly (as you've learned from recent posts) a whole series of family portraits were taken in celebration of our dorkiness! I'll only torture you with 3 of the 40 that were taken haha


Surprisingly, Andrew appears to be the most flexible ;)

Starting at 8am we opened all of the wonderful gifts Santa brought us (gotta love coming home! Santa is the best!) A few hours later the Krutz crew showed up for a Christmas brunch hosted by Aunt Kelly.

The spread of food was quite impressive and oh so delicious. My favorite were these little pancake balls with blueberries in the middle that Aunt Kelly makes in some magic pan.

The cook/magician at work

There is something extra fun about Christmas when little kids are around. I tried not to hog Melanie and Maya but they're so dang cute. It's hard to believe Grandma has 2 great-granddaughters now. I can only hope to be so lucky.

Courts and Grandma have so much fun discussing and supporting the Republican party. In a beautiful display of creativity and Republican pride, Courts made Grandma this super cute ornament. What a duo....

Due to his busy work schedule, I didn't get to see my cousin Bobby the last time I was in MN. He managed to swing a morning off from work and joined us for brunch. Later that night a group of us went over to the bowling alley where he works to bowl 2 games. My performance was pathetic and Andrew's was only slightly better haha

After a quick nap, we all relocated to Uncle Bob's house -- the topic of my next post!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love your PJ Family pictures!!

Post a Comment