On Feb 14th Andrew and I decided to avoid all of the crowds and over priced meals at restaurants in favor of a home cooked meal. We make pizza at home somewhat frequently but this time we jazzed it up with spinach, garlic and ricotta cheese. It was sooooo delicious -- you gotta try this pizza! The sweet gingham and heart tablecloth & napkins mom sent added a perfect touch to our at-home romantic dinner.
But that's just what we did on the 14th! Check out our ride last weekend to Sonoma...yes, I'm talking about the stretch limo! Andrew is still trying to make up for the fact that they opted for a double-decker bus instead of a limo for our senior prom at Edina haha I'm kidding....kind of.....
On Monday morning the six of us got picked up at our house for a day of wine tasting up in Sonoma. We all work hard so every once in awhile you gotta live it up, right?!? ;)
The 3 boys are all Chemical Engineering PhD's at Cal. Wilie and Steph (on the right) both went to the U of M and now live here. Brett and Alex (on the left) are both from South Dakota but he lives here and she lives in South Dakota.
Each time Alex comes to visit the four of us always do something together (usually it doesn't involve a limo though ha)
Steph has become a good gal pal since she moved out here last August. A group of us girlfriends/wives have a great time grabbing brunch or a coffee, shopping, getting our nails done or whatever while the boys are either in lab, playing video games or sitting on the computer - they really are nerds, but lovable nerds (we think!).
We had mimosas on the ride up to Sonoma, hit 4 wineries, played a little ladder golf and had lunch before heading back to Berkeley. All in all, not a bad way to celebrate Valentine's Day or President's Day - depending on how you look at it ;)PS most of the pictures of me and Andrew are on the Steph and Alex's cameras, so I'll have to get those from the girls.
1 comment:
I LOVED this post! Seems like a great group!
And do I spy a new black purse? Cute!
Post a Comment