Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Weekends

The blog has been a little quiet lately because, well, our lives have been a little quiet. After a busy holiday season it has actually been nice to just r-e-l-a-x......our weekends have been filled with movies, cooking, hiking, hanging out with friends and enjoying the weather. Up until this week it felt like spring was arriving, but winter (unfortunately) decided that it wasn't done torturing us yet. Two weekends ago we hit 82* and today we got 2" of rain and winds over 60mph!

Back on Super Bowl Sunday we were all in t-shirts and tank tops while watching the game at the Dee's house. They've hosted a great super bowl party 2 years in a row now - each time I made my Mexican chili in the crockpot. It never fails to impress.

This past Saturday Andrew and I decided it was time to wash the car - we haven't washed it since we moved to CA (horrible, I know!!). I got all of the car washing necessities at Target and we went to work. Our neighbors ended up joining in the fun -- we had ourselves a little car wash party behind the house ;) haha

On Sunday, Andrew had to go into lab, but I got to go to a 1st birthday party for a co-worker's sweet little boy. Most of the folk from our office and a bunch of the birthday boy's family and friends gathered in San Mateo to celebrate.

With tons of food and a really talented fellow making balloon animals for the kids (and some of the adults), we all had a great time.


So now you're all caught up :) And I promise to start blogging more regularly again!

No comments:

Post a Comment