Thursday, April 21, 2011

AZ with Mom & Dad (x2)

Last month we met my parents in Arizona for a long weekend in Prescott with Jim, Karen and Caroline. My parents got in a few hours early (after sitting on the tarmac for 3+ hours!!! fortunately those lucky ducks had been upgraded to first class) and spent some time with my Grandma Carol's best friend, Kathy Nord.

We eventually all met at Nini and Poppa's for lunch and I was able to see Kathy for a few minutes when she dropped mom and dad off. I was excited for Andrew to meet Kathy and we only cried a little talking about Grandma Carol...Grandma was one of those special ladies, the kind that everyone feels lucky to have known.

Nini made a delicious Mexican chicken bake for lunch and key lime pie for dessert. Even Buffy (the cute little white puff ball below) went back for seconds and thirds ;)

Our beautiful mommas enjoying the sunshine out on Nini and Poppa's patio. I would seriously eat every meal outdoors if I could ;)

Mom and Dad went to town picking lemons off of Kathy's tree in Scottsdale. It barely put a dent in their supply! I've never seen so many big, juicy lemons in my entire life. We drank fresh lemonade all weekend. As they say, "When life hands you lemons...."

Hanging out around the house opens up the potential for random old treasure to be found. I'm not sure if I'd classify this as a treasure, but Caroline pulled out the doll Karen had made when Andrew was young to look like him. Funny and SO SO creepy haha

Between free t-shirts from various events and gifts, I don't think Andrew has worn a t-shirt that he actually had to pay for in years. Mom and Dad got these for him when they were in FL earlier this year.

Friday was a really fantastic and memorable gathering of parents and grandparents in Prescott. We had all four parents, Grandpa & Acey and Nini & Poppa around one table. As usual, the food and conversation were wonderful. Aren't we lucky!?

Shopping in general is a dangerous activity, especially when its in a super fun hat shop. One of the hats we picked up with this black and white one for Courtney - I love love love it (and so does she!). I couldn't resist having Nini try it on - she looks great in it too!

Blessed with a sweet grandmother-in-law and unbelievably kind mother-in-law. I only wish they lived closer.

Strolling town. The sunshine and smiles were out :)

It still surprises me to see snow in AZ. I know Prescott is up in the mountain, but it's so counter intuitive to have snow and AZ in the same sentance.

Jim and 2 of his loves: Karen and his bike.

Andrew still gets told to run around when he's being too rowdy -- he loves it when I make up "games" he has to do. This time he ran up a hill. Works every time ;)

This is the end of this post, but not the end of our trip......oh the suspense......

No comments:

Post a Comment