Thursday, April 14, 2011
A few more from Courts....
After hitting a lull of blogable events in February, March & April rolled around and all of a sudden we've found ourselves SUPER busy! I've already shared some of the pictures from Courtney and Katie Hannon's visit, but just today I received the pictures taken on Court's camera. Clearly we were all smiles all weekend :)
I hadn't seen Katie since Christmas and couldn't wait to catch up on pretty much everything. We're coming up on our 10th year of friendship! I can't believe how quickly the years have flown by. She's a friend who knew me well even PRE-Andrew (a very small and elite group haha).
As previously mentioned, we met a group of my Berkeley gal pals for manicures. We found a really cute little shop - the vibe was very chic/feminine/elegant. Too bad this isn't a regular Saturday morning occurrence ;)
Have you heard of this INCREDIBLE new type of nail polish called Shellac? It takes about an hour to get this type of manicure but the paint lasts for 2-4 weeks. I didn't think it was possible, but after 4 weeks I didn't have one chip or crack in my red nail polish! I can't believe it took them so long to invent this miracle polish. I'm in love!
And a throw back to all of the times we went to "Paint Your Plate" in Edina growing up, we got creative at Color Me Mine pottery studio.
We picked our pieces and colors and got to work. Four hours later we had all exhausted our creativity for the day but were relatively pleased with our artistic accomplishments. Art projects have always been something both Courtney & I and Katie & I have enjoyed doing together. I think it's in our DNA. The first time Katie and I hung out we actually puffy painted cups :)
In addition to experiencing a shellac manicure for the first time that weekend, we all experienced the wonder of Cream -- an ice cream sandwich shop where you can pick the flavor of ice cream and fresh baked cookies you want for the astonishingly low price of just $1.50.
What's not to love about a hot baked cookie and sweet ice cream?!? Absolutely nothing - trust me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment