Whew... it took a while to do the Grand Canyon posts and then the holidays sorta snuck up on me but I'm so glad to have our amazing trip documented - it's amazing how quickly you start to forget the names of little things along the way. I love having this blog as a space to highlight all of our wonderful memories.
To summarize October (yes, I realize it's now 2013... oh well. Better late than never!!):
I got to see my cousin AJ's dorm room on the Clark Kerr Campus. AJ is playing rugby for Cal - we can't wait for the regular season to start this spring!
On the way to get Uncle Carl from SFO, Aunt Carol and AJ came over for supper.
Our (meaning mine and Amy's) long-lost third amigo came for a visit. I can't wait for this girl to move back out to Berkeley. Drinking wine and doing crafts just isn't the same without her ;)
We maintained our nerdy Hofflander Halloween tradition of carving pumpkins over Skype. I think Courts won this year for creativity and craftsmanship, but...
mine was awesome enough to get stolen HAHAHA
The SF Giant's once again won the World Series in 2012 (whoop! whoop!) which meant time off to attend the ticker tape parade and awesome jack-o-lanterns being taken by crazed fans ;)
It was mayhem this time at the parade and hard to see much of anything, but it was fun just to feel the excitement in the air. And how convenient was it to be cheering for the Giant's, whose colors are black and orange, on Halloween?!
Meant to be? I think so!
Meant to be? I think so!
Approximately 1 hour before we were set to attend the annual ChemE Halloween party, we decided to pursue a hilarious costume idea Andrew came up with. The picture below is your first hint. Any guesses?
My costume is pretty obvious (thanks work for the toga from Cyprus!). But can you guess Andrew's yet?
(decorations at the party - I just thought this was a clever idea)
He's a 'breaded cat'! Get it??
If not, don't worry. Of the ~75 people at the party only 3 people knew right away what he was. Most people thought he was toast.
If you're still totally confused, check out this website: http://www.breadedcats.com/
There are TONS of photos. It's shocking. And amazing. And weird.
And either we're really cool or not cool at all for knowing about this site. You can make up your own mind on that ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment