I was a little hesitant at first about doing the certification (I get a little claustrophobic) but after watching 5 videos, doing 5 review sheets, 2 lessons and 5 dives totaling over 4 hours underwater I am proud to say that I am a scuba diver!
To celebrate our certifications and the Full Moon Party (a famous party that takes place during every full moon) we went out with Andrew's dive instructor and another couple. Here you can see the boys drinking an infamous "bucket" (a party drink literally served in a bucket).
Me, Isabel and Yui (Andrew's Advanced Open Water instructor).
We decided to rent a dirt bike on the island to see the different bays and beaches . . .
We were glad we rented a dirt bike and not a scooter after realizing how HORRIBLE the roads were! In a lot of places I had to get off and walk so that Andrew could navigate through the rocks, sand, brances, divits and huge cracks in the dirt road.
At the end of every stressful drive, thankfully, we decended upon the most amazing beaches and water we have ever seen. Hands down, Thailand is the most beautiful country we have ever been to.
The water was crystal clear. The rocks you see are at the bottom - over 10 feet down. You can also see my arms and legs clearly :)
We're about to take on Bangkok which we're guessing will be quite different than island life . . . Hope all is well with everyone.
K&A
1 comment:
Wow - you are such a good writer, Kristen, and the photos are so beautiful - I want to go there. What an experience you are having! Thanks be to God for all of your blessings and His proection!
Post a Comment