After a wonderful week in NYC with Katie, I had to wait 3 long days before seeing here again ;) Adam and Katie arrived for their annual week of fun in Berkeley on a Wednesday evening and we pretty much didn't stop going until the moment they left. We're always running around to try new things - including our first stop, Takara Sake. One of only 5 sake distilleries in the US is right in Berkeley and we'd been interested in trying it for over a year. Katie and Adam were the perfect excuse. We were all surprised by the variety of sake available. Who knew?!
We had a little more grown up day on Saturday up in Sonoma. The last time the Lee's were in town we went to Napa so this time we figured we'd give them a more 'local' experience. Most Bay Area residents frequent the more down-to-earth wineries in Sonoma. When this is your view driving into the first winery of the day, you know it's going to be a memorable one!
Two happy campers. Katie and Adam are basically family so they're super easy guests and are always up for doing anything. Their only request when coming to see us is to go up to wine country - and we're always happy to oblige.



I love this picture of Andrew - pure joy spending time with friends. We're so lucky to have the Lee's!!
I was totally spoiled getting to spend time with Katie two weeks in a row; I definitely had a little withdrawal when she left :) Luckily I'll see here in MN soon and she already has her next flight booked to come out for a girls weekend in February.
Adam took this shot of me and my sweet boy...isn't it cool?! (Maybe I'm just a weird, biased wife, but doesn't Andrew have a nice shaped head? hahaha)
This great little family run winery was our last stop of the day before heading to Sausalito to have dinner at Kate and Lincoln's place. We enjoyed some wine we picked up and an incredible meal cooked by Lincoln. If only the Lee's lived in the Bay Area, I think we'd have a dinner club going....ideally with Lincoln cooking us dinner as frequently as he's willing to. The boy can seriously whip up a delicious meal like it's no big deal at all. I'll have to get you all his stuffed mushroom recipe. You'll thank me :)
Intermixed in all of this were various home cooked meals and dinners at fantastic restaurants in San Francisco. One thing SF is not lacking is restaurants.
The fall colors up in Sonoma were absolutely spectacular. We've been up a number of times but I don't think it's ever been so beautiful.
The week came and went too fast, as it always does. We ended the trip with a hike up in Tilden Regional Park and rewarded ourselves for all of the hard work we did on our hike with a huge pan of sticky buns made from scratch and a little Taboo and Catchphrase (something was off in the universe and the boys won...an unheard of feat....). The Lee's are like family and so when they go we are always sad to say goodbye. Luckily, Katie and I usually have the next trip to see each other already in the works by the time the last one is over :)
No comments:
Post a Comment