Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mommasita

This fall Mom came out for a long weekend after a work trip got cancelled and she had to rebook her ticket within a limited number of days.

It was one of those times when everything just falls into place....I had a day trip to Los Angeles the day after Mom arrived but she had a meeting down in San Jose anyways, so Aunt Carol met her down there and then we met up with Julie near the airport for a big Italian dinner. I was just minutes from missing my flight back up to San Francisco, but like I said, the stars aligned and I made it! We had a long, relaxing dinner which was just perfect.

Earlier in the day Mom and Aunt Carol also went to see Julie's new apartment and got a tour of Dreamwork's - I'm so jealous! Julie has been working at Dreamwork's for a few months now and is really enjoying it. Just some of the perks include: 2 hot meals a day, a fitness center, free classes in film production, drawing, etc. So cool!

The rest of the weekend we pretty much just relaxed and hung out around Berkeley. Mom got a taste of real Berkeley when we witnessed a local Berkeley resident come into the coffee shop in his robe and slippers and nonchalantly go through the line to get his Saturday morning coffee. Ohhhhh the things you see here...... ;)

After strolling along the shops on College Ave we made our way to the Berkeley Marina to pick up Andrew from his sailing lessons. This fall he took both windsurfing and sailing classes in the Bay with the Cal Adventures Club. He really liked both and only had to get rescued a few times haha (one day the wind was so strong he got stuck out in the Bay windsurfing) He did became the expert capsizer in his sailing class - I'm so proud :)

It was so nice to have Mom to myself for a few days and I know she loved having a whole day with her sister. I can't wait to have a day with my sister in just over 3 weeks!

2 comments:

Katie Lee said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the picture of Andrew sailing.

Linda said...

Great pictures. They make me smile. We had such fun! Love you baby. Mom

Post a Comment