Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

Karen decorated the house beautifully for Christmas - she even got matching stockings for all of us! What's even better, Santa filled them :)



Karen cooked a delicious Christmas Eve dinner - a roast, salad, cranberry applesauce, potatoes and popovers. Well, Ryan cooked the popovers...something went wrong in the altitude however and they ended up more like "popover pucks" haha


After going to church [the service was 16 minutes and the sermon was pre-recorded and played on a giant screen; I was not satisfied at all....oh well.....Andrew preferred it to a 1 1/2 hour service ;) ] we came back to the house to open gifts.

To fit-in better in AZ, Jim asked for western wear. Karen picked out this GREAT cowboy hat. I think Jim looks awesome in it.


Mom sent Karen a Christmas/housewarming gift.


We gave Ryan a "fire" to play on his TV since he doesn't have a fireplace at home. All he needs is some wine, cheese and this "fire" and he has a romantic date for two all ready haha


Andrew and I got a slow cooker as a wedding gift and love using it; however, we don't have many recipes for it. This slow cooker cookbook was an excellent gift. I'm slightly embarrassed at how excited I got about this cookbook actually :)



Caroline leaves in February to study abroad in New Zealand. She's studying park and rec so we got her this cool hiking pack - I want it!



On Christmas morning I made monkey bread for everyone. It's a delectable treat filled with butter, cream cheese, cinnamon, sugar, etc. YUM YUM


We drove down to Scottsdale after breakfast to have dinner and celebrate with the Allbright clan. Nini and Poppa were opening gifts when we arrived.


Nini cooked an great Christmas feast for 20!


It was such a treat to spend Christmas with everyone in AZ.

1 comment:

Katie Lee said...

Wow! Everything looks so picturesque. I love the stockings and those sticky buns look delicious. Can we spend Christmas with you guys next year. Maybe we'll move to Scottsdale then we can all hang out together. We can only hope.

Post a Comment