Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spring Semester

is over! I can't believe how quickly Andrew's first year of grad school went - where did the time go?

The completion of the 2009/2010 school year really means 3 things to me:

1.) I get to see my hubby more!! Andrew finished his last final yesterday at 1pm and will be turning in his final paper of the semester this afternoon. Like I've mentioned before, Andrew will now spend the next 4 months working away in the lab. With no classes to bog down his time outside of the lab, I anticipate seeing him more often during the daylight hours ;) Woohoo.

2.) Court's comes in less than a week!! Her last final is on Saturday and she flies out here on Wednesday for a month long visit. We have lots of things on the calendar to do while she's here, but twice a week while Andrew and I are at work she has volunteered to teach sailing to under privileged kids at the Treasure Island Sailing Center. Court's has been sailing since high school and, as you all know, she'll be sailing the Mediterranean for a month later this summer -- this will be a great way to sail the Bay, brush up on her skills before her big adventure in August and get a tan while keeping entertained haha

TI Sailing Center exploring the Bay (Bay Bridge in the background)

3.) And lastly, it means that I've been done with college for a year now. Crazy. So much has happened in the last 12 months -- graduating, Asia trip, wedding, moving, new city, new job, travel, etc. I didn't think I would ever see a year as busy as 2009 ever again but 2010 is making an impressive showing so far...

1 comment:

Karen Jones said...

Congratulations on finishing the first year of grad school - I know it was a team effort! What a joyful, busy year it was for you both. Thanks again for all the time we were able to spend together last weekend. It was a most memorable Mother's Day weekend for Nini and I. Love you!

Post a Comment