Now, I'm finally settled in and feel like a real contributor to our group - i.e. instead of asking silly questions, I ask probing and intelligent questions ;) It's nice to not be so 'green' anymore haha
I really cemented my status as an Associate when I passed my Series 65 exam, which allows me to communicate directly with clients as a licensed investment advisor representative. In addition to writing (tons) of reports and holding meetings with private equity fund managers, I'm able to talk with clients and share my insights directly with them. You have no idea how liberating that is! haha
In addition to really enjoying the work I do, I get along really well with all of my co-workers. This isn't everyone, but here is a picture taken last month when our CEO was in town from London (the 2 guys in the center are the CEO of our American branch and CEO of the wider organization). Toshi, the CEO in our office, is the one in the middle with the pink, sparkly cowboy hat on - needless to say, he's quite a character :)
I feel so blessed to have found a career and employer that gets me excited to come into work (almost) everyday. Not only do I get to hang out with fun people at the office, have dinner with billionaires, and attend stellar conference with private concerts, I get to travel to around the world.
I really owe a huge part of my career and personal success to my long time mentor, Gailen Krug, who first took a chance on me back in 2005. My two summers with Gailen were invaluable to my growth as a young professional and understanding of the private equity world. And, of course, her willingness to put a call into Tom was the catalyst that launched me into my first 'real job'.
Tonight I'm off the NYC for a 3 day conference, where I'll stay at the Waldorf Astoria -- rough, I know ;) Then it's less than 3 months before I head over to Amsterdam for a company off-site event. They work us hard, but they sure do spoil us too!! Life is good..... 
2 comments:
oh my little smart cookie.. it's nice to see that your office has gotten a LITTLE better at taking pictures - i still sense a hint of awkwardness though haha
Hope you are having fun in New York! And PS I like the new look of the blog.
Post a Comment