Friday, October 26, 2012

In the Windy City

I am so lucky to have a job that sends me on business trip which just happen to be in locales where I have family and friends! Each year I make a trip to Chicago where my cousin Danyelle and her husband Craig live, where one of my closest college friends when to PT school (you all know Nicole!) and where one of my best friends from way back in the 6th grade just moved to start an MBA program. So many wondeful ladies!!
 
 
My first order of business was to check out the Northwestern campus up in Evanston. Janie just started her MBA program at Kellogg this fall and is absolutely loving it.
 
 
And I absolutely loved the campus. Seriously - I so could have seen myself going here and loving it in undergrad.
 
 
Janie and I were having too much fun catching up to take any pictures - but we walked through downtown Evanston, grabbed a beer at a local spot and shared some appetizers. It's so fun and comforting to hang out with old friends who know and understand you so well. Janie and I have been friends for almost 15 years (holy crap!!) and each time I see her, it's like we're back in Edina hanging out in the basement or on the bus to a volleyball game being silly. What a blessing!
 
 
I also had the chance to spend the night with by beautiful cousin Danyelle and grab lunch before heading to the airport. The Hofflander cousins met in Chicago a few years back but we never made it over to the Shedd Aquarium where you get to see this amazing view of the city. Anyone who doesn't love Chicago is crazy in my book. I'm loyal to the Twin Cities, but Chicago and SF are close runners up ;)
 

 
Don't mind the sleepy look on my face - it was a jam packed couple of days (remember how I was actually in town for work?!).

1 comment:

Nicole said...

So sad I wasn't there...but it looks like you enjoyed your time!!

Post a Comment