Sunday, October 7, 2012

Oh happy days

I'm still pulling together the pictures from Peter and Flor's amazing shindig but thought I'd go ahead and post these from some of our outings while at home.

Ellis meeting Uncle Andrew for the first time. It still blows my mind that Rob and Mandi have started their family and that we'll spend the next many, many decades watching Ellis grow up.


Rob is totally embracing the whole experience - it's so fun to watch him in what I like to call "dad mode" ;)


Ellis is an absolute sweetie! Ah, can't get enough of this little man! Well that's not entirely true, we all hand him off to Mandi pretty quickly when he gets cranky and chose to sip our wine down in the living room instead hahaha


Andrew had never been down to see Court's apartment or William Mitchell so we spent the morning with her over in St. Paul before meeting up with the Lee's for lunch in downtown St. Paul.


We got an expanded tour this time - checked out some of the standard classrooms, fancy conference rooms and mock trial rooms (I sat on the witness stand while Andrew grilled me...). Courts is of course still loving school and rocking it out at the law firm she clerks at. When we go home for Christmas Courts will be HALF DONE with law school. How amazing/crazy/exciting/shocking is that!?!?


We also managed to squeeze in drinks with one of Andrew's good friends from undergrad, Kim, and her soon to be fiancé (the boys exchanged ring designer info - Kim had a big smile on her face :). I got to know Kim through various events/gatherings in college and was not surprised at all to hear about her career switch out of chemical engineering (she hated it in college! I mean, really hated it!) and into a new role at Target corporate. It's so easy to lose touch with old friends when you live so far away, but it's well worth the effort to get together when you can. I'm sure we'll be meeting these two for years to come.


When planning our week at home between the weddings we thought we'd have tons of free time - not true! We're blessed with incredible friends and family so just about every day and night was jam packed. We weren't able to hook up with everyone we'd hoped to but our tickets for Christmas have been booked and we're always anxious to make plans to connect. I heard there was frost on the ground in MN this past week - looks like the holidays are already on their way! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment