Alas, the whole reason we were in the UK..
the nuptials of Kate and Lincoln!
After I spent the day with Kate, her mom, mother in law to-be and bridesmaid at the spa (lucky me! my masseuse asked if I had been sitting a lot - why yes I had and thank you for getting all of those knots out of my back!) we checked into our home for three nights, The Wheatsheaf Inn, and made our way over to the rehearsal fish fry (yes, I said rehearsal fish fry - we were in the UK after all) at the house of a London-based colleague. Ok, house is a bit of an understatement...as is colleague...this estate has a name and he's the head honcho ;)
The bride and Jessica (SF coworker)
It tried to rain the morning of the wedding but thankfully it held off until we were on our way to the reception. Here I am with Sophie (London coworker), Jenn (girlfriend of a coworker) and Rachael (one of my most favorite London coworkers). Why can't all of these girls work in SF?!?!
Adorable flower girls - Beth (on the left) actually invited herself and her sister to be Kate's flower girls when we were at Sherry's wedding earlier this year haha
Family, friends and loved ones filled the beautiful, tiny church. It was such a great vibe - every seat was taken and everyone was smiling :)
Smiling the biggest, of course, were the newlyweds.
We all jumped on two double decker buses (again, oh so British) to Pangdean Barn where there was an amazing hog and chicken roast, dance and pavlova wedding cake (a nod to Lincoln's New Zealand roots).
On Sunday we kept the party going at a local pub where we all shared a delicious Sunday roast and afternoon in the sunshine. I forgot to mention that there was an epic downpour at the end of the reception which made it quite difficult to get home - but Sunday was gorgeous and a perfect opportunity to sit out on the patio and rehash all of the previous day's festivities.
Love these girls!
And that pretty much wraps up our 2 week trip to Cyprus and England. There's very little in life I love more than traveling the world with this boy.












No comments:
Post a Comment