Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Burns

It's hard to believe Katie and I met over ten years ago on the bus ride out to Wyoming for a week long church camp. Katie knew me before I started dating Andrew which tells you how long she's been one of my best (and most incredible!) friends :)

Katie and Adam are also Edina High School sweethearts, also went to the U of M and ALSO moved across the country so that he could work on his PhD. Unfortunately they they moved to the wrong coast (aka the East Coast) despite our efforts to coerce Adam into picking Cal haha

After all the excitement of their engagement, the bachelorette party and bridal shower it was finally time for the main event - we flew home on August 23rd and started the celebrations on August 24th at the rehearsal dinner.

Ashley (another Edina grad and bridesmaid) and her new husband were so much fun to hang out with - I wish I had gotten to know her better in high school! She's amazing! Danielle (reader) and Kirsten (bridesmaid) were also fantastic.


Katie treated her four bridesmaids to pearl earrings and new MAC lipstick which we all wore the next day at the wedding. I've also worn my earrings pretty much everyday since I got 'em!



After the successful rehearsal and dinner at Jake O'Connor's we all made our way home to get some beauty rest before the big day. The ladies met at the Minneapolis Club, where the reception was later held, early on Saturday morning for some 'getting ready' festivities and photos.

I don't have any photos (yet) from the day aside from those that my sister sent me because I wanted to be 100% present in the moment, plus they had an amazing photographer who I can guarantee didn't miss a single photo op. What I can tell you is that spending the morning with Katie, her mom, sister and two other bridesmaids was such a wonderful way to start the day.

Just before lunch we drove over the Bethlehem Lutheran Church where Katie and Adam shared their 'first look moment' and the sweet, loving ceremony took place in front of family and friends. The wedding guests made their way to the Minneapolis Club for a cocktail hour while the wedding party drove over the to Gutherie for more photos (which I can't wait to see!! I promise I will post more photos once I get them!!). Alas, the wedding party joined the other guests for dinner, cake and dancing.


The food was easily some of the best wedding food I have ever had and the speeches seriously hilarious while also being heartfelt. Not to mention the poise of Katie's dad who didn't even miss a beat when a bat started flying around the dining room haha To make an already perfect day even better, the whole Edina Hofflander clan was in attendance and looking sharp.



By the way, don't you love the bridesmaid dresses Katie picked out!? The sweetheart neckline was so flattering on everyone and chiffon fabric so comfortable.
I dare say - I'll even be able to wear it again! ;)


Is it just me, or is it both wonderful and frightening how much the three of us look alike in this photo....eekkk.


One of my most favorite recent photos of Mommasita and Padre.


I can't wait to share more photos of the bride & groom and wedding party. The two photos of the bride here honestly don't do her justice - Katie was STUNNINGLY gorgeous. Her hair, dress, makeup, veil, etc. was all absolutely perfect.

It was a true honor to be a part of Katie and Adam's day after she was such a special part of mine. Katie is one of the most loyal and loving friends I have ever had, no doubt she will be one of the best wives ever.

Best wishes and congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Burns!

No comments:

Post a Comment