Saturday, January 7, 2012

Holiday Parties

The holiday season started with the annual ChemE Department Holiday Party. Picture a group of 50 chemical engineers and their spouses/significant others in a big conference room over looking the Bay singing karaoke to a mix of 80's tune and Christmas music - that's the ChemE Holiday Party in a nutshell :) I was just glad Maureen and Amy were there to keep me company.

Unable to resist, Andrew led a crew of approximately 30 in a beautiful rendition of R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly." It was very moving haha

Oh look! It's Andrew singing karaoke again! Surprise, surprise - we can't keep him away from the mic and the crowd loves it ;) The ChemE party was just a warm up for my company holiday party which was also karaoke themed. The "KJ" (aka the karaoke jockey - don't worry if you didn't know that term, neither did I until last month. The hardcore karaok'ers at work filled me in) was awesome....he played the saxophone, harmonica and whistle during musical interludes of songs, sang backup and even rapped.

The whole office got up there and embarrassed themselves to various degrees depending on their level of talent haha. Andrew even made me go up there by myself! Never again!

Between Andrew's crew from CAL and all of the fantastic people I work with, we have a wonderful group of friends our here. We're very blessed.

ps I have a video of Andrew's rendition of "I Believe I Can Fly" I'm just working on getting it converted, so check back ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment