Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pre Christmas in AZ

We were lucky enough this year to be able to go to both AZ and MN to see our families. In my opinion we were also brave/crazy to take 6 flights over two of the busiest travel weeks of the year....Andrew was secretly excited to sit in the airport and on the plane because it gave him an excuse to watch Lost on his phone (Lost is a TV show that went off air in 2010 after 6 wild seasons). "What else can I do?" was his excuse ;)

Ryan and Caroline drove down from Prescott to pick us up in Phoenix on Dec 23rd. It was super cheesy, but when I saw Ryan waiting by the car at baggage claim I actually started to run towards him I was so excited. He got back just a week earlier from a 15 month motorcycle trip from Minnesota down to Argentina. It's a miracle he survived - I wasn't going to believe until I saw him for myself. He looked great and was happy to be home for the holidays. Brothers reunited :)

Everyone was in high spirits. The 6 of us hadn't all been together in well over a year.

Ryan randomly had the itch to go bowling so we hit the local bowling alley. I beat Andrew by one point :)

Prior to starting the Christmas festivities on the 24th, we went for an afternoon hike. The sun was shinning and it was the perfect excuse to need a dip in the hot tub later haha

My sweet mother-in-law. Thrilled to have all of her 'chicks' back home.

Along the way we were discussing plans for our trip later this year to the Grand Canyon. I forget if I already shared with you all - the Jones and Hofflander families are hiking down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon in October and staying two nights down at Phantom Ranch.

Luckily, we'll have these expert hikers along with us. Since there are so many wonderful trails only a short drive away, they hike multiple times a week.

It's these two I'm worried about on the hike.... ;)

Regardless of how much time as passed since they were last together, these boys fall right back into their 'brotherly' ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment