Friday, January 27, 2012

Ringing in 2012

The last few days at home were pretty much filled with just hanging out - which was perfect! Courts and I (of course) had to do at least one photo shoot.

These ridiculous photo shoots tend to get even more ridiculous come photo #20...30...40. And we usually start laughing harder and harder, so our faces get redder and redder haha If you have a sister, I hope you have as much fun with her as I do with mine!!

For New Year's we got a bit gussied up and went over to a friend of a friend's house for a big bash. Geoff Krug also came along (we love being home over the holidays to see all of our friends who now live far away).

Willie and Steph were also home for the holidays - it was actually Willie's cousin's house we were at. She and her husband just moved into a cute town-home in Eden Prairie. We weren't sure we were going to make it at one point when the rain turned to snow and ice sheets covered the roads. Let's just say the drive to and from the party was making us all a bit uneasy...

We topped off a great trip home with a dinner party at the Frey's house. Peter and his fiance Flor hosted. I was so excited to meet Flor this trip. In one word, she's AWESOME. We can't wait to come home for their wedding in September. We also finally got to meet Talor's girlfiend Kali. I was pretty much only girl in 'the group' all through high school and into college, it's so fun to have these lovely ladies around now!


We snuck in one last hang out session with the Krutz clan. I don't think I've ever bowled twice in two weeks before :) Aunt Kellie came by which I was thrilled about and just a few days before we also got to see Katie Hannon and Adam Burns for a bit. Katie came over to pick out her wedding invitations (they're gorgeous!) and I was able to run over and buy my bridesmaid dress (also gorgeous) at the good ol' Wedding Shoppe (I swear I just about lived there in 2009 when we were getting married; it was like going home in some ways).

Once again is was a fantastic trip home. We were able to see a lot of friends and family and still participate in some of the many Hofflander traditions. It worked out perfectly to see the Hofflander clan at our annual Scandinavian dinner on New Year's day! All in all, it left us rejuvenated and ready for 2012, which I have deemed "the year of weddings" (we have 5 to attend! jeez!)

No comments:

Post a Comment