Ever since my family called to say they were coming for Thanksgiving, Andrew and I have planned on taking them to sushi. In Minnesota the sushi leaves a lot to be desired, but here the fish is SO fresh and delicious!
After asking quite a friends and coworkers for sushi recommendations we settled on Kirala - a great little place in South Berkeley. We asked on of the waitstaff to take our picture...apparently he didn't think Andrew was worthy of having his whole face included haha

Everyone (except Mom, who hates sushi) shared a variety of sushi - tuna, salmon, crab and whitetail. The spicey crab rolls and salmon and avocado rolls were awesome!

A final sunset to cap off an incredible trip. This was taken from atop the Berkeley Hills - you can see the Bay Bridge, downtown San Francisco and out to the Pacific Ocean. Truly stunning...

2 comments:
Hate is a stong word..lol. Per just prefer my fish and meat cooked! Hidding the raw fish in all those "extras" i.e. the wraps make it easier to swallow. The big chunks of plain fish just arn't all that appealing to me.
It was a wonderful evening and as you can see from the photo the view from the hilltop over Berkeley is amazing. Kristen left out that we first drove STRAIGHT up the steepest street in the world....Marin Street. I don't know how cars can handle that kind of abuse.
Thank you Kristen and Andrew...the trip was amazing. You are great hosts.
Love you. Mom
Kristen you have inspired me to be the best hostess I can be. I am so excited for you two to come and visit. I am also very inspired to get us out there to go see Louisiana and neighboring states. I'm going to start planning little site seeing trips now. Thanks! You rock!
Post a Comment