Monday, March 15, 2010

French Quarter

Our last day in Louisiana with the Lee's was spent wandering around the French Quarter, stuffing our faces with beignets and reveling in the success of our bead mission from the day before. We made quite an awesome bead haul! Check out my personal collection.


The famous and OH SO DELICIOUS beignets and cafe latte at Cafe du Monde. Katie tried to explain these to me before we went but no words could ever do them justice - you just have to try them. And yes that is powdered sugar :)



It's a tradition to blow the powdered sugar in your partner's face. I was nice about it....Andrew was not - I was covered in sugar. I pretty much just blended in with the cafe at that point, the whole place is covered in the fluffy white stuff.



Classic French Quarter balcony.


Jackson Square.


Free comedy/break-dancing show across from Jackson Square. There are tons of street performers all around the French Quarter, including some really talented musicians.


After a quick dinner it was off to the airport. Louisiana was 1/2 exactly what we expected and 1/2 a total surprise. The food, the people, the weather, the shops, the culture it was all so fun to experience, especially in the company of our incredible friends :)

3 comments:

Katie Lee said...

All of these posts make me miss you guys. That was such a great experience to share Mardi Gras with you.

p.s. the link doesn't work ;)

Nicole said...

It looks like you "guys" had such a wonderful time. I must say I am a little jealous of your bead collection :)

Anonymous said...

First Mardi Gras experience for Katie and Adam was made all the more special by you and Andrew being there! Glad you had so much fun!

Post a Comment