As a newbie to cooking Indian food I started with an easy recipe - one from the great slow cooker cookbook Karen gave me for Christmas, "Make it Fast, Cook it Slow." We had to buy a lot of spices for the recipe but our kitchen smelt great all day Saturday.
The Tandoori Chicken turned out good but the naan bread turned out AMAZING! So delicious and such a simple recipe. I guess cooking them was a little fussy and our A.D.D. was kicking in as we had to wait for the dough to rise twice, but it was so worth it. For those of you who have never had naan (unleavened Indian style bread) before, it is worth a trip to your local Indian place just to have a couple of pieces. I pretty much eat all of the other stuff just so I don't have to feel guilty about eating 4 pieces of naan. haha.
In the picture (sorry it's a bit grainy, it was taken on my phone) you can see the dough balls before being rolled out. In the pan is one piece of naan cooking and on the rectangular plate are some finished pieces. Yummmo.
With 3+ pounds of Tandoori chicken, 16 pieces of naan, asparagus and a huge pot of basmati rice cooking we had to invite some friends over to help us chow down. Dan and Heather were kind enough to bring some wine, dessert and big appetites :)Next Indian recipe we're going to try: the ever popular Chicken Tikki Masala.
No comments:
Post a Comment