I was able to see and talk to her through Skype before Mom and Dad took her to the vet (thank goodness for modern-day technology, it makes being far away just a little bit easier in times like these). I told her that I loved her and said goodbye. So painful......
I still remember going to see Tanner's new litter of puppies the day after they we born - that was almost 14 years ago. Sadie was one of the smallest and darkest of the puppies. We loved her instantly. We weren't able to take her home until July 4th but every weekend between April 15th and July 4th we'd go visit her at Uncle Greg and Aunt Julie's. Her first outing as OUR dog was to the Richfield 4th of July Parade - needless to say, she pretty much stole the show. She was TOO CUTE! (I don't have any pics of her from pre digital camera days)
She's slowly started to show her age over the past couple of years but never ceased to be the best dog a girl (or her family) could ask for. Sadie will be missed more than she could ever have imagined. She was a huge part of our family - a great 'vacuum cleaner,' friend and guard dog :)
5 comments:
Thank you baby for such a nice post about Sadie. She was a great dog and we will all miss her.
Smile when you think about her. She had a WONDERFUL, LONG life.
I'm so sorry to read this. She was such a friendly and sweet dog. Even when she was stealing my food. She will be missed. It's so great though that you got to grow up with her and she got to play such a big role in your family. This was a great tribute to her.
Ok, I'm crying at my desk.
I'm glad you had a chance to say goodbye to her.
Hold on to the memories!
Ditto...tears at work :( I remember the day you got Sadie...she was such a sweet dog and I will never forget us always making her snacks from whatever we could find in the kitchen! She will be missed xoxox
So sorry about your dear Sadie's death. No one loves us so unconditionally as our dogs and when they are gone it hurts to have that love lost. You will always have her in your heart though. We love you and are thinking of you.
Post a Comment